Updates Grayed Out after installing Photoshop CS6

19543 Views      2 Replies

Converse and share knowledge about anything and everything related to the current forum
  • Welcome to Codez4Mac
  • Codez4Mac is a friendly, community-oriented website for Mac and iOS users. Codez4Mac is the largest community of its kind with over 229600 registered members who have written more than 705043 messages. Become one of the members, enjoy the many daily topics, and search our massive archive of information. Registration is free and our New Members section has been designed to give our new members a jump start into the community. Enjoy!

Mac Maniac

Invites: 6
After installing Adobe Photoshop CS6 Version 13.0 the updates in the Help Drop down list is grayed out ? Other than that it seems to working fine.
I downloaded this version from a share source -

MacBook (13-inch Late 2009) A1342 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo
8GB PC3-8500 DDR3 1066 MHz
Kingston 120GB SSD
Hitachi (Apple) 500GB 7200RPM 16MB cache
Mountain Lion 10.8.5
iPhone 5S Black 16GB ( Pangu jailbreak )

e-Junkie

Invites: 0
I have the same problem, but discovered a work around. Quit any adobe programs currently running. Open the application called 'adobe application manager' located in macintosh hd/ applications/ utilities/ adobe/ core. (If you have Little Snitch, allow connections, at least until quit. If you don't have LS, don't worry about it!) This application will check for any updates in the adobe suite you have installed.

Legend
Legend

Invites: 149
FYI: The Adobe updater (AAM Updates Notifier) does NOT need to be blocked with LittleSnitch. If you have it blocked, unblock it; there's just no need.
I've become so good at mistakes, I think I'll make some more.

When all else fails, read the instructions: Rules FAQ Search Forum Stickies