Uploaded.to (ul.to) blocked in US/Filesonic closed!

6117 Views      41 Replies

iMac Drawing
3 days left to enter.
Talk about anything and everything
  • Welcome to Codez4Mac
  • Codez4Mac is a friendly, community-oriented website for Mac and iOS users. Codez4Mac is the largest community of its kind with over 226750 registered members who have written more than 700337 messages. Become one of the members, enjoy the many daily topics, and search our massive archive of information. Registration is free and our New Members section has been designed to give our new members a jump start into the community. Enjoy!

Legend
Legend

Invites: 149
I just tried to download from an uploaded.to link (ul.to) and got this:

Wonder if Congress snuck something through in a secret vote (THAT would never happen, would it...unless they were voting themselves raises while the rest of the country suffers). No clue where the filehost's country is, but this isn't good.

Other links seem fine, for now, so I don't think it's my ISP (Comcast).
Last edited by happymistakes on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've become so good at mistakes, I think I'll make some more.

When all else fails, read the instructions: Rules FAQ Search Forum Stickies

Legend
Legend

No question. It HAS been blocked in the US. No clue about any other countries.
Uploaded.to Blocks US Visitors After MegaUpload Shutdown

What's next? Everyone else?

Edit: Well, I seem to have found a cure, but only in Firefox, which I'm using anyway (v8.0.1...haven't updated to 9.0.1 yet). Installed the HideMyAss extension, chose the UK and took me right to the download link! Yay!

After you install it, change US to UK or The Netherlands (Menu > Tools > Addons > HMY Preferences), click on the HMY icon in the Firefox menubar and it will open a new tab. Copy/paste the link into the address window and then click the yellow GO button.

Stealthy is another extension, but it did NOT work. HMY is awesome!

Investor
Investor

Invites: 0
^Thanks for the info.

Legend
Legend

Unless my settings (java script) are off, this won't work. I'm able to get to the download page, but clicking on the Download button does nothing. So, we're back to: if you're in the US, you can't download from ul.to links.

I"ll have to try more testing/browsers...or just use other links.

Edit: More info that "might" work.

1. Try the directions here (for whichever broswer you're using):
Code: Select all
http://www.ehow.co.uk/how_6802433_hide-ip-address-osx.html

OR

2. Go here:
Code: Select all
http://www.proxy4free.com/

and try one of the non-US proxies. wowspeed.co.uk didn't work, but proxy.proxfree.info did (just paste the d/l link into the the window). However, after the countdown timer finished (on the link I tried), I got this message:
The free download is currently not available - Please try again later!

You can try one of the other non-US proxies, to see if they work better. I didn't want the app I tried to download, so I didn't try any others. I'm just going to avoid any ul.to links unless someone comes up with better info and/or this gets sorted out.

Stick a fork in me! I'm done. LOL :D

Legend
Legend

And now, Filesonic has just shut down file sharing. Only the original uploaders can access to retrieve their files. No one can download from any Filesonic links.

e-Junkie

happymistakes wrote:And now, Filesonic has just shut down file sharing. Only the original uploaders can access to retrieve their files. No one can download from any Filesonic links.

Same here in the UK :(

Legend
Legend

phbar wrote:Same here in the UK :(

Filesonic has shutdown everywhere, regardless where you're located. Uploaded.to is blocked in the US, but not in the UK (tried a UK proxy link and it worked...sort of).

".to" is the country domain for Tonga which is just east of Australia and New Zealand, so they may be affected, also. We'll have to wait and see if any members from those countries report.

I imagine there will be more filehosts shutting down, IF they have servers or server farms in the US. The US Gestapo...oops, I mean FBI/CIA/DOJ...went crazy on Megaupload, so others are probably running scared.

e-Junkie

happymistakes wrote:
phbar wrote:Same here in the UK :(

Filesonic has shutdown everywhere, regardless where you're located. Uploaded.to is blocked in the US, but not in the UK (tried a UK proxy link and it worked...sort of).

".to" is the country domain for Tonga which is just east of Australia and New Zealand, so they may be affected, also. We'll have to wait and see if any members from those countries report.

I imagine there will be more filehosts shutting down, IF they have servers or server farms in the US. The US Gestapo...oops, I mean FBI/CIA/DOJ...went crazy on Megaupload, so others are probably running scared.

Guess we all need to move to torrents then!

Investor
Investor

No Dropbox

Legend
Legend

kappa2008 wrote:No Dropbox

This is not a solution for those who share the bulk of the things posted in the forums. Dropbox has a 2 GB total limit for free accounts, 50 GB limit for $9.99 USD/month and 100 GB limit for $19.99 USD/month...and I didn't even bother to look at bandwidth limits for those downloading from DP links.

This won't work unless you only share the odd file, here and there.

Investor
Investor

So what do you think the solution is to bypass this then :?

Mac Maniac

Invites: 6
so what's next ? MediaFire ? where I keep my secret stash ...

I just paid for a FileSonic subscription so the Government owes me a check... no wonder I've been having so much trouble getting free music the honest american way lately ...and so many error messages that files have been removed

Raise the pirate flag and rally the troops ....and call the andrew sisters out of retirement

MacBook (13-inch Late 2009) A1342 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo
8GB PC3-8500 DDR3 1066 MHz
Kingston 120GB SSD
Hitachi (Apple) 500GB 7200RPM 16MB cache
Mountain Lion 10.8.5
iPhone 5S Black 16GB ( Pangu jailbreak )

Legend
Legend

kappa2008 wrote:So what do you think the solution is to bypass this then :?

There is no "bypass." There's only "wait and see" and a LOT of work to re-upload files for those who make stuff available for everyone to download.

Investor
Investor

same here at Indonesia :bye: sharing life :cry:

Knowledge Bank

Maybe we will see more Rapidshare and MediaFire links again. Good old times. :thumb: