[HELP] Issues downloading from uploaded.net/ul.to links

9213 Views      12 Replies

2nd iMac Drawing
3 weeks ago the winner was selected.
Ask for help & provide assistance and/or advice about a problem related to the current forum
  • Welcome to Codez4Mac
  • Codez4Mac is a friendly, community-oriented website for Mac and iOS users. Codez4Mac is the largest community of its kind with over 227926 registered members who have written more than 702162 messages. Become one of the members, enjoy the many daily topics, and search our massive archive of information. Registration is free and our New Members section has been designed to give our new members a jump start into the community. Enjoy!

iRockstar

Invites: 0
i tried to download Whispered Secrets and it says i have reached my free download account limit,is there any way i can get the games from another link please as i might not be able to use ul again ?
i will try again in the morning but the message suggests i will not be able to use this link again.
thank you.
Last edited by happymistakes on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: posts split from Game share thread: http://www.codez4mac.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=202&t=69421

Legend
Legend

Invites: 149
I don't know if there's a daily limit for anonymous/free users (they don't have FAQs for free users, unfortunately). The only limits are the individual file sizes, slower speeds, captchas, no resume, no parallel downloads (only 1 at a time) and a wait between files. It's possible they have a daily maximum you can download; I don't know as it's not mentioned anywhere.

No one is permanently blocked from ever downloading from uploaded again. The only other issues might be that their free user server is busy, your browser (try a different one), or its settings (maybe clean your cache and cookies), extensions you have in your browser, etc. I've never had a problem, so no clue why you are. I logged out, and just tried...got no message that I'd reached any limit. :)
I've become so good at mistakes, I think I'll make some more.

When all else fails, read the instructions: Rules FAQ Search Forum Stickies

Addicted User

When they limit you, it is only for an hour. Then you can go back and finish dl'd the rest of the file. Frustrating, if we are on free download, but it is free. I suggest that since most of happymistakes games are on the ul link, look into saving your links and then do a one time sign up and download the links that you have saved. Just a suggestion.

Mac Extraordinaire

The trick with Uploaded is to reset your IP after downloading each file. I go to "http://192.168.1.1" which brings up my DSL modem's configuration page. From there I can disconnect and reconnect in less than ten seconds--no need to power cycle the modem. :ninja:

Legend
Legend

That won't work if you have cable internet (static IP). I can reset my cable modem and router, all day long, and I'll always have the same IP. Cable companies don't let you access their modem's configuration page. Maybe if you own your own modem, it will, but I have no way to test for that since I rent mine from my cable company. :)

iRockstar

i have just tried again this morning and i am still getting the message about all my free time has gone.?

iRockstar

thank you for all the games you have given me in the past but it looks like i will never be able to get any more as i cannot use ul
i even put anonymox on firefox where i can change my ip address but i still cannot download the games.
as i say thank you.

Legend
Legend

I don't know what to tell you, as no one else seems to have a problem with this filehost, outside of the normal limits for those without premium accounts.

I'll repeat my previous suggestions: Clean out your cookies and cache (maybe your history, too) from your browser(s), try a different browser, make sure some other app isn't blocking you from downloading (Little Snitch, Lion/ML Gatekeeper settings, any AV/Firewall app you may have installed, etc), try adding the links to jDownloader and see if you can download that way. :)

Edit: If you are using cookie blocking software (such as Cookie, Cookie Stumbler, etc.), this also may be why you're having issues. Try disabling your various apps, boot your browser into Safe Mode (it will disable all extensions and reset your settings to default) and see if you're still having a problem. If not, then the issue is definitely with your settings, one of your extensions or one of your standalone apps.

Restart your browser normally and manually disable all extensions that block cookies, websites, etc, then start adding them back, one at a time. After you add one, try downloading from an uploaded link. Continue until you find the culprit and see if it allows you to change your preferences. Re-enable your standalone apps and do the same.

One thing to check in Little Snitch is to see if you inadvertently created a rule under Any Process (or your specific browser) to block all connections via port 80 (http) and/or port 443 (https). Delete those rules or you will continue to have problems. ONLY block those ports for specific apps, if needed.

Only a few people are having problems, and I've exhausted my memory of what issues could possibly be causing the problem.

Director

I have the same issue with them. I've done everything I can think of, going so far as to try and connect through a fresh VM at work, ruling out any IP related issues. I'm more than confident that it's not a limitation on my side, but am at a loss as to what causes it.

It also isn't an hour lockout as in 10:00 or 11:00 or whatever, as I have purposefully logged in at the top of the hour and still been unable to connect. I suspect it's a 60 min lockout from when the threshold is exceeded.

My suspicion, and it's only a guess, is that they limit the uploader accounts, not the downloader accounts. So once Nippur's account, for example, reaches some threshold, no one else can download a file that account has uploaded for an hour. In such a case, the account that uploaded the file may be exempt and always able to download, I dunno.
--
The Laughing Goblin

Legend
Legend

If that's true, then it's a deep, dark secret that they won't even tell premium account holders. Not a clue why some have an issue and others never do (I've never had a problem, even when downloading anonymously). Very strange.

iRockstar

i have tried week 8 again today and i have managed to download the games,i do not know what went on but looks like back to normal.
thank you.

Legend
Legend

The only thing I can think of, is they had issues with their servers (they DO, occasionally); I know I have had some problems uploading to them, from time to time. Luckily it's not very often, but it can definitely be annoying. :)

iRockstar

ok thank you.